Thursday, July 2, 2009

unfinished until i can think of more

A good friend once wrote "Turn up the brutality and turn down the content, it helps us sleep". I would say this is more relevant now more than when it was written 10 or so years ago.

Sitting in the semi dark under a single flickering tungsten bulb in a suburban "car port", although when I think of port I usually think of Sailors, Sean and I talked about the upcoming election. He said Mitt Romney would win with this slogan "AdMITT it or quit it!" or something like that. The logic behind it, I thought, was pretty flawless. Who turns down a good slogan these days? Surely not the fine citizens of the suburbs of the central nervous system of the Man himself. No, they crave it like the fiends who stumble out of the 1722 at 5:30....last call. It's funny how much we're the same in spite of our differences.

I was not in complete agreement though. I was sure Obama would win. In my deepest southern drawl, being the most representative of the encompassing area, I said," Nawh you see, we'd be jah stupid to pick a woman over a darkie! At least thamurrfuckers got a dick!". Besides, I'm sure Charlemane is tired, Walter, lets give one of those cute sesame street things a try. By the way, when you Google image search Charlemane, the first thing that comes up is a cancerous rectal tumor. The irony of that has it's own gravitational pull.

No comments: